The world is transforming, and we intend to play an integral part in accelerating the worlds transition to sustainable energy. Nano One Materials Corporation (NNO) is a dynamic “clean tech” company with a technology for the synthesis of lithium-ion battery materials. We are currently developing novel cathode materials and are scaling up to commercialize our technology.
Working closely with our R&D, Scale up, Engineering and Testing teams, you will have the opportunity to be part of further developing of our cutting-edge sustainable technology that improves the durability and safety of lithium battery cathode materials. Under the direction of the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), you will lead the core technology team through innovation and experimentation to develop cathode material technology, from initial research and proof of concept to the development and production phase. You will work with the CTO to cultivate and nurture an innovative environment that supports the company’s vision of delivering a differentiated technology that addresses commercial growth opportunities in energy storage, electrical vehicles, and other applications. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with, and provide technical expertise to, the business development team in supporting new opportunities, partnerships and agreements. You will provide leadership for the core technology project members and manage the projects to completion. You will also collaborate with CTO on product roadmap, strategic innovation and market solutions.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical expertise to support the successful execution of Nano One technology through all three major phases including research & development, evaluation and pilot production. Lead core projects to de-risk all Nano One technical development and programs through active management of a risk registry
- Provide leadership, technical expertise, and guidance to core technology team
- Collaborate with the Senior Management Team to develop technical relationships with business partners and help tell the technical aspects of the Nano One story
- Provide technical support in client and investor meetings and negotiations, as required
- Identify market gaps and find innovative solutions. Test concepts for viability
- Advise on the technical requirement and implications to new business opportunities
- Masters’ degree in a relevant field. PhD would be preferred
- Specialization in Inorganic Chemistry or Materials Engineering desired
- Ten (10) years of industrial R&D and commercial application or operational experience preferred
- Strong business acumen and big picture understanding of the lithium-ion battery supply chain
- Proven leadership ability to lead R&D and/or engineering teams in innovation and application
- Experience with scaling R&D projects for commercial production preferred
- Effective and skilled communicator of scientific concepts and application to both technical and business audiences
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “Director, Core Technology”.